Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Eating my Feelings

Today, I'd like to talk about eating my feelings.

Lots of people eat their feelings. They get depressed or anxious and turn to junk food for comfort. I am one of those people.

I'm very anxious right now. I'm overwhelmed at work (which is why I'm writing in my blog instead of working), the sky is a hazy shade of bullshit Texas springtime grey, and I'm just kind of battling a general feeling of not being able to get anything right.

Food tally today:
  • Whole grain peach apricot bar (good!) 
  • Banana (okay, it's just sitting on my desk. I haven't eaten it) 
  • Giant cinnamon bun (tastes like despair) 
  • Peanut butter cookie (tastes like peanut butter... and despair) 
I'm full. but it's lunchtime. Do I eat the whole grain pasta with shrimp and natural sauce that I have for my lunch today, or do I get a double cheeseburger from Jack in the Box? While I know that eating a double cheeseburger from Jack in the Box will only make me feel better for a few minutes (if that), I'm overwhelmed by the desire to go get one. Even though I know it won't make me feel better, I just KNOW it will make me feel better.

Insanity? Perhaps. But as a grown-ass woman, aren't I entitled to sit in my car and eat a double cheeseburger while I cry and bang my head on the dash? This is the torment with which I struggle. So to stick with the spirit of reviewing, I leave you with this:

Eating my feelings = two big thumbs down.

B

No comments:

Post a Comment